Please read the following carefully -
The Day of Giving 2014 will be held on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 from 6:00 a.m. ET until 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) ET. This is an 18 hour event.
1) All donations during that 18-hour period will receive a pro-rated portion of the match pool. (As an example, if the match pool is $750,000 and the total amount raised that day is $8,000,000, then the match may be 9 cents on the dollar.)
2) Each nonprofit will receive one (1) check totaling all donation(s), net of the 2.99% credit card fee, plus the match portion along with donor information within 45 days of the event’s end. All gifts are for operating support; they may not be used to fulfill membership benefits or pledges nor be directed to named or capital projects.
3) Only MasterCard or Visa credit card donations received through www.pittsburghgives.org during the 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. period on May 6, 2014 will count towards the match percentage. No donations via check, charitable gift cards, pre-paid gift cards, cash or stock will be accepted. Discover and AMEX donations will not be accepted or matched. The cardholder must make the donation; no donations will be accepted by third parties.
4) Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to ”The Pittsburgh Foundation” on the donor’s credit card statement. The Pittsburgh Foundation reserves the right to refund the donation for any reason.
5) The minimum gift per organization is $25. The match is capped at $1,000 per donor per organization. The Foundation will run reports by credit card number, name and address to ensure that the match is capped at $1,000 per donor per organization.
Only gifts of $1,000 or less per donor per organization will be counted towards the match pool. A donor may give to as many organizations as they like, in any amount over $25.
For example, a donor can give $25 to Organization A, $1000 to Organization B, and $2,000 to Organization C – the match calculation for each gift will be $25, $1,000 and only $1,000 for Organization C. Organizations are not capped on the number of gifts or total amount of gifts they can receive.
6) Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A Donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. The Pittsburgh Foundation and the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County are not eligible for donations or the match.
1) Are a 501c3 public nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS and;
2) Have a current published portrait on www.pittsburghgives.org by April 7, 2014. Portrait must consist of current contact/staff/board information and the organization’s 990/990N (or postcard receipt) plus audits or financial statements for 2010, 2011 and 2012; This deadline has passed.
3) Primarily serve Allegheny, Butler or Westmoreland Counties.