Welcome to PittsburghGives
The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council (GPAC) and The Pittsburgh Foundation will sponsor a giving event called ArtDOG ( Arts Day of Giving) for local Arts organizations. The ArtDOG will be held on Thursday, October 2, 2014 from 6:00 a.m. ET until 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) ET. This is an 18 hour event which will have a stretch pool from which all donations will be partially matched.
ArtDOG Rules and Requirements
1) All donations during that 18-hour period will receive a pro-rated portion of the stretch pool.
2) Only MasterCard or Visa credit card donations received through www.pittsburghgives.org during the 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. period on October 2, 2014 will count towards the match percentage. No donations via check, charitable gift cards, pre-paid gift cards, cash or stock will be accepted. Discover and AMEX donations will not be accepted or matched. The cardholder must make the donation; no donations will be accepted by third parties.
3) Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to ”The Pittsburgh Foundation” on the donor’s credit card statement. The Pittsburgh Foundation reserves the right to refund the donation for any reason.
4) The minimum gift per organization is $15. The match is capped at $1,000 per donor per organization and will be verified by donor name and credit card number. The Foundation will run reports by credit card number, name and address to ensure that the match is capped at $1,000 per donor per organization. Only gifts of $1,000 or less per donor per organization will be counted towards the stretch pool. A donor may give to as many organizations as they like, in any amount over $15.
5) Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A Donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. Each nonprofit will receive one (1) check totaling all donation(s), net of the 2.99% credit card fee, plus the match portion within 60 days of the event’s end. All gifts are for operating support; they may not be used to fulfill pledges nor be directed to named or capital projects.
Nonprofit Eligibility Requirements to Participate
The nonprofit organization must be a 501c3 public, arts and culture nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS and provide services in the 10-county Western Pennsylvania region and;
Have a current published portrait on www.pittsburghgives.org by September 25, 2014. Portrait must consist of current contact/staff/board information and the organization’s Guidestar profile must have current financial information (2013 990, 990N or postcard; audit/financial statement must be posted to portrait if organization is not required to file a 990) and;
Be a member in good standing of the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council (GPAC).
Nonprofit organizations that wish to participate can contact us through this site in order to start and complete a profile by September 25, 2014.
PittsburghGives is the place to find detailed information about Western Pennsylvania’s nonprofits. The information helps you make the best decisions about charitable giving. The steps are simple. Find a nonprofit. Learn about its mission, programs, leadership and financial information. Make a gift today.
PittsburghGives provides Information at your fingertips with access to in depth portraits of non-profit organizations you care about
Get contact information and updates about your favorite nonprofits
Browse for new nonprofits in the comfort of your home determined on your interests
Learn about regional initiatives that effect all in our community
PittsburghGives spotlights issues that affect our entire region and then have the ability to see immediately who is doing vital work in that area
Funding can be leveraged for an organization or for a regional issue
The level of knowledge about non profits in our region is raised
Trends in the region are easily tracked. Where are people giving? What are your community’s nonprofits saying is vital and needed right now?
The Charitable Gift Card
The Pittsburgh Foundation’s Charitable Gift Card offers an inspiring and convenient way to give while helping to support the invaluable work of nonprofit organizations in our community.
The cards are available in increments of $25, $50 or $100 to share with family, friends and business associates and may be purchased here using a valid credit card.