One day away.
That's how close homelessness can loom for many Allegheny County families. Imagine the faces of those left to the street: somebody's grandmother; a teen considered an adult; a family thrust into crisis by a job loss or medical emergency.
This time of year, our thoughts are often with those in need. With recent changes in federal funding, our community homeless shelters and service providers have faced a decline in funding even with increased demand.
Think about your home: a place of family, safety and comfort. Thirty-five local shelters—each providing that same sense of security on an emergency, temporary, or permanent basis—need your help.
Beginning December 8th, join The Pittsburgh Foundation for a special three-week PittsburghGives public campaign. Your donation at PittsburghGives.org of $25 or more will be matched dollar-for-dollar by The Pittsburgh Foundation up to $100,000. All funds will be distributed to area nonprofits serving our homeless population during this critical time.
PittsburghGives is the place to find detailed information about Western Pennsylvania’s nonprofits.
- The information helps you make the best decisions about charitable
giving. The steps are simple: Find a nonprofit. Learn about its mission,
programs, leadership and financial information. Make a gift today.
PittsburghGives provides information at your fingertips with access to in-depth portraits of nonprofit organizations you care about.
- Get contact information and updates about your favorite nonprofits
- Browse for new nonprofits in the comfort of your home determined on your interests
- Learn about regional initiatives that effect all in our community
PittsburghGives spotlights issues that affect our entire region.
- Funding can be leveraged for an organization or for a regional issue
- The level of knowledge about non profits in our region is raised
- Trends in the region are easily tracked. Where are people
giving? What are your community’s nonprofits saying is vital and needed